Celebrate the season in Oregon Wine Country
Make this year the year you experience a wine country Christmas! Here are some of our favorite ways to make memories in the Willamette Valley.
See Holiday Lights | The Willamette Valley glows big and bright during December with spectacular light displays
- Celebrating its 15th year, Magic at the Mill — held at the historic Willamette Heritage Center — features thousands of twinkling lights, children’s activities, live music, seasonal treats, blacksmith demonstrations and more, December 19-23.
- In only its third year but quickly gaining a reputation as one of Oregon’s best traditions, is Christmas at the Garden at The Oregon Garden. Enjoy a forest lit with more than 400,000 twinkling lights, plus an authentic German holiday market, firepits and new this year: an ice skating rink! Christmas at the Garden continues through January 3.
- Generations of Oregonians have been enchanted by Corvallis’ winter wonderland, the Pastega Lights. Created by longtime resident Mario Pastega, the Pastega Lights are a beloved community tradition, now in their 34th year. Drive through the light display slowly and drink in scenes depicting favorite Christmas characters, thousands of twinkling lights, and festive music, 5-10 p.m. every night through Dec. 25 at the Benton County Fairgrounds.
Cut your own Christmas tree | Visit a friendly tree farm in the nation’s top Christmas tree growing region
- Did you know Oregon is the largest producer of Christmas Trees in the U.S.? And Oregon’s Mt. Hood Territory has dozens of family-friendly Christmas tree farms to visit for tree-hunting. Choose that extra special tree from a local grower.
- Enjoy a leisurely afternoon drive along lovely country roads to pick your fave, then hop onto a hayride to the field, decorate Christmas cookies or build your own wreath for extra photo opps and holiday fun.
Tour holiday homes | Experience the sights and sounds of a Victorian Christmas
- The Christmas Parlour Tour is one of Oregon’s prettiest holiday traditions. Guests get a rare chance to tour inside beautiful Victorian homes and historic buildings, all decked out for the holiday season.
- Held the second Sunday of December each year in historic Albany, Oregon, the Parlour Tour includes rides on a horse-drawn wagon and a vintage trolley, as well as entertainment and light refreshment at stops along the way. The 2015 tour is Sunday, Dec. 13 from 2-7 p.m.
Toast the season | Wineries are merry and bright with holiday wine tasting
- Deck the Hills is an annual celebration of holiday spirit from the Dundee Hills Winegrowers Association in Oregon’s Yamhill Valley.
- More then two dozen wineries, restaurants, and businesses participate, with special events, tastings, and decorations.
- Visit in person to see wineries decked out and glowing for the holidays, or shop the online holiday wine catalog.
See your favorite show | Head out on the town for a live performance of a holiday favorite
- Go see a show to celebrate the holidays in style. Favorites like Tchaikovsky’s Nutcracker ballet, Dickens’ A Christmas Carol, and A Miracle on 34th Street all come to life onstage at Eugene’s Hult Center for the Performing Arts.
- After the show, bring your ticket stub and walk to one of downtown Eugene’s many breweries, boutiques and restaurants. The Show Your Ticket and Save promotion earns you discounts at dozens of local businesses.
Want to make a weekend of it? Explore our interactive travel planner to find wineries, hotels, B&Bs and restaurants throughout the Willamette Valley, and make memories with a holiday trip to Oregon Wine Country.